We purpose to serve the local Body of Messiah in the land by:
- Encouraging and supporting restoration and healing through Godly counsel
- Equipping and training lay counselors as staff for our center
- Establishing a safety net of lay counselors in local congregations
- Training believers called to the ministry of Biblical counseling
- Inspiring all in our care to cultivate the practice of God’s presence.
We believe our counseling is:
- Firmly established in the centrality of the Word of God.
- Grounded in the fact that we are image bearers of God though sin has distorted that image
- Founded on the truth that Yeshua Ha Mashiach atoned for our sins on the cross, resurrected from the dead, and opened the only way to eternal salvation.
- Based on the truth that our true identity and purpose can only flourish under the control of the Holy Spirit.
- Supported by God’s word that promises there is victory in the abundance of godly counsel.
Director, Katherine Snyder, PH.D. LMFT, LPC
Dr. Snyder is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania with an MS in Education and Fuller Theological Seminary with a Ph.D. in Marital and Family Counseling. She has over 10 years clinical experience. Her work experience includes Chaplaincy in the National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center, Bethesda Maryland, Assessment Supervisor at the Psychiatric Institute of Washington, D.C. and Employee Assistance Consultant in the Federal Government.
Dr. Snyder holds dual citizenship with the United States and Israel. She became an Israeli citizen in 1983. Her vision for a Messianic Counseling Center began in the 1990’s, and is seeing fulfillment in the Anchor of Hope Counseling Center and Lay Counseling Training Program.
Our lay counselors are fully committed believers, established in the Word of God and rely on the gifting of the Holy Spirit in conjunction with training in Biblical counseling. Many have extensive ministry experience. They all receive on-going supervision and mentoring.