Joining the Lord in His mission to bind up the broken hearted we minister in the following areas:
- Anger Management
- Bereavement and Loss
- Change and Transitions
- Conflict Resolution
- Couple Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Family Counseling
- Stress Management
- Scheduling: Appointments are approximately 60 minutes long after an extensive assessment. All clients have a preliminary assessment to determine if the level of care needed is appropriate for the ministry of lay counseling..
If clients are late, the session will still end at the appointed time. We ask a 24 hour cancellation notice if possible to enable others to be served.
- Donation: Anchor of Hope does not charge for its service. There is a suggested donation.
- Length of counseling: We embraced a short-term counseling model of 6 sessions per client.
All issues discussed in counseling are protected by confidentiality and will not be shared unless there is written permission by the client.
However, there are times when confidentiality does not apply:
- Suspected child or elder abuse
- Clear indication of self-harm, including suicidal ideation with plan
- Clear indication of harming others, including homicidal ideation with plan
- Inability to care for self
- Court order to release information